Preserving and Creating Memories one Craft at a Time

My Next Craft Show!

Please come support Canale Creations at the Fifth Annual INDOOR Art & Craft Show - Saturday - Oct 27. 9am-4pm at the Urbana Fire Hall in Urbana, right off of 355! Tons of crafters!!!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My newest creations!

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been a while since my last BLOG! I just can't find time to blog very often. So I JUST found out great news.... I'm going to be an AUNT!!! I hope my sister doesn't check this site... I made her this box!



She is VERY supersticous, so I can't give it to her until she's 15 weeks, she's currently 12 weeks. SO I hid it in her basement and I'm going to get her husband to go to the basement and give it to her at 15 weeks. She doesn't go in her basement, it's old and there were sprickets in there at one time. So she really liked the Mommy to be Box, but though it was too small, so I made her this box. It's 12" x 9" x 3". So much larger for all the baby stuff you collect when you're expecting.

The lid isn't hinged, so I was able to put a lot more in the lid! The collage was from some baby magizines she gave me! I also put some scrapbook stickers on there also!


Below is the front of the box. It had a slot for a label, they are calling the baby 'Lil Angel' in the sonogram photos, and it's due February 1, 2008!!!

How perfect did that Lady in Waiting sticker fit there?


Here is a photo in the inside of the box. I LOVE this paper. It's the ONLY pregnancy paper I could find!!! They also need to make more gender neutral paper... she doesn't want to know the sex of the baby, so everything I make the baby will have to be gender neutral...



So in between my many trips to NYC (first for Etsy craft show)


and second for my cousins Sweet 16... I decided to make eye glass cases. On my birthday I scrached my FAVORITE sunglasses so I said...well I guess I'll make eye glass cases! :)


Too cute right? I put batting in the material so they REALLY protect the glasses.


And they aren't bulky like a hard case, so I can carry it in my purse without stuffing up my entire purse!


I think polka dots are too cute!
Monique

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Those are cute! I usually just toss my glasses wherever and scratch them or lose them!